I was downloading pics from my camera this weekend (strictly speaking, from its SD card) and found out about a nasty bug: digikam will fail to download an image for no good reason, and overwrite good images when you tell it to try again! I immediately opened a bug report, let’s how this progresses. A comment in the bug report suggests that downgrading back to 0.9.2 will avoid the problem. I didn’t test it, but I certainly will do that.
In addition, you need pay attention to the import wizard’s window to see if all images were downloaded correctly. If an error occurs, the only indication is a small red cross on the image itself. There’s no warning dialog or status message telling you that something went wrong. You have to check each image. I opened a bug report about this too.
This is actually the first problem I had with digikam, and have always had a great experience with it. I really recommend the application to organize your photos (well, just avoid version 0.9.3 ). Along with amarok, I think it’s one of KDE’s killer apps.